Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Non-Horrific Date

Last weekend I finally went out with the very nice girl I'd been flirting with a few months ago. We got dinner at a cool place on St. Marks which served very small glasses of soda. Their guacamole was pretty good, as was the veggie burger, so I'm interested in going back.

We had a pretty good conversation; I learned a bit about her college years and family relationships. After dinner we walked around for a while and eventually settled in Madison Square Park on 23rd Street. We found enough in common to keep the conversation going most of the time, but there were moments of "I'm not sure what to say."

After a while it got a little chilly, so we set forth in search of a Starbucks that was still open.

That didn't take long.

We walked in, found out they closed at 10, and I grabbed an orange juice. We talked for a while longer about comics & such. Around 9:30, we called it a night. She works a normal schedule, and had to be up early. We walked to the train station, hugged, and went our separate ways.

I sat on the train and thought about the evenings events. I came to the realization that whatever spark we lit up had unfortunately died out. It's a little sad because I should be longing for this girl. We have far too much in common for me to not be attracted to her. I guess it's a case of "perfect on paper." I definitely want to hang out with her again, and I know I'll see her a lot socially.

I wish we had the chance to fan the spark into flames instead of life getting in the way of it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These things happen all the time. I think the good bit about all of this is that it wasn't an uncomfortable experience. Meaning, you guys can still hang out from time to time without feeling weird.

Meanwhile I'm intrigued by a blogger that continually posts on my sports-centered blog. He's a new transplant in the area and I've been trying to find a way to meet him. I'm assuming he's in his 20's or 30's. We made a little bet several entries ago that if something were to happen I would buy him a coke or vice versa.

I've just been trying to get a sense of whether he's single. I don't get a sense that he is or isn't from his comments and blog entries.

.........

Christ, I've been spending way too much time blogging. I need some fresh air.