Sunday, June 14, 2009

Jill

So, ah...it would seem that I have a girlfriend.

We started corresponding mid-October, and met up a month later. We were both listed under "seeking friends only", so there was no tension that dating usually provides.

Over the past month, things began to shift towards something more than friendship. We started talking about our bizarre dating misfortunes, our reasons for not dating, what we're trying to change about ourselves, etc., etc. She saw the potential for what we could be together, but wasn't sure if I was interested or not, so she didn't say anything, at least not directly. I began wondering the same thing, but was too afraid of screwing up yet another friendship. This escalated when we went on the town for her birthday two weeks ago. Looking back, I could feel that we both wanted more.

Jill came over Saturday to help move a few things over to Lynne's, where she got to meet her and Bowie. Afterward, we went grocery shopping, paying close attention to her dietary restrictions (vegan, celiac disease, allergies to tomatoes, oranges, sesame). We made a very good pizza (using red peppers instead of tomatoes for the sauce). She also bought a bottle of 80-proof Liquid Courage, aka tequila. We cooked, ate, and started watching the Bourne Identity. She got very comfortable on my bed, and I sat in my chair.

Pressing the issue of us, she asked, "what would it take for you to drink straight from the bottle? Doing a shot from my belly button?"

My brain fried.

"Oh no, I broke Jeff!" and she held my hand. Then I kissed her.

She spent the night, and most of the next day. We did go back to Lynne's for a couple hours while Lynne waited for people to pick up stuff offered on Craigslist. It was 8:30 PM when we realized just how late it was. It took another 90 minutes to actually separate; we both lamented that the next day was a 'school day'.

My therapist was right when she said, "you get to be happy now."

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for the both of you and wish you both nothing but the best.

HeatherArtiste said...

Accidentally finding it when you weren't looking for it seems to be the best way for us quieter ones.

Carlos said...

Shit dude! Im happy for you too! Awesome. Im glad things have been turning around for you!! Im proud of you man!!

Michael said...

Huzzah! Look forward to meeting her.

Lyman said...

hellllllllll yeeeeeeeeeeyah!

FJH said...

Now all that remains is to come up with a hybrid monicer for your relation ship unit-

JELL
Trademark Francis Hogan.

FJH said...

SHIT! Moniker is spelled with a K.
Damn English always beaten up the Irish.

Anonymous said...

Mazel Tov! I am doing a happy dance for you!

Omar said...

happy happy joy joy, happy happy joy joy
happy happy joy joy, happy happy joy joy
happy happy joy joy, happy happy joy joy
happy happy JOY JOY JOY