Sunday, February 14, 2010

Jumpy Laptop Cursor?

At the last Sequential Salon, a lot of people were complaing about how the cursor on their laptop would jump from one spot to another. While using Jill's netbook, I had the same experience, and decided to find a solution.

Start Menu > Control Panel > Mouse

"But I'm not using a mouse, I'm using a touch pad" you say.

Trust the fuckhead.

On the window that pops up, select the Device Settings tab. Look for a Settings or Properties button. Make the touchpad less sensitive. If there is a PalmCheck feature, set it to maximum. Disable the Pinch and Momentum options. That should do it, but look at all the other little tweaks you can make in case the ones I mentioned don't correspond to your particular setup.

I hope this works for you. If not, maybe it'll set you on the right path.

No comments: