Tuesday, June 08, 2010

No power, sort of.

Since yesterday, we don't have power in the living room, nor do half of the lights in the apartment work. The circuit breaker seems fine. We've called ConEd, who aren't helpful. We talked to the superintendent, who checked things out in the basement and couldn't find anything wrong. He's supposed to call us with a number for a good electrician today.

This really sucks, because I can't use my computer for art stuff I really need to work on. We're camped out in the bedroom. I'm using a netbook and leaching wireless signals from a neighbor.

Sucky week so far.

EDIT: Wednesday, 12:05 AM

All better now. The electrician that I looked up myself (still no word from the super) and contacted around 3 PM came by at 9 PM. He took apart a couple of lighting fixtures and found the problem. It was a very easy fix. He also replaced a faulty outlet. We got a very good price. He was out the door by 10:30.

No comments: