Sunday, October 23, 2005

Darwinism in action. Almost.

This past Thursday I was standing on a street corner, across the street from my place of employment. I was patiently waiting for the sign to change from "don't walk" to "walk" as cars whizzed by at 40+ miles per hour.

On the other side of the intersection, there was a middle-aged construction worker who would not wait for the sign to change. I watched in disbelief as the guy played Frogger with traffic. He yelled at each car that almost hit him. When he finally made it across, he noticed that I was watching.

This knuckle-dragging motherfucker had the balls to complain about nearly dying.


Let's review pedestrian right-of-way laws in NYC, shall we?

http://www.nysgtsc.state.ny.us/peds-vt.htm#sec1151


"Can you believe the people in this city?"

Yes. Yes I can. If you're going to walk out into rush hour traffic, you should expect to be endangered.

At this point, the sign had changed and I started to cross the street. He started to shout.

"I'm going to kill everyone in this city, and I'm going to start with YOU!"

I laughed it off, and encouraged him to try as I walked into work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a delightful little feller.

Did I say "delightful"?

I meant "deranged and dangerous."