Saturday, September 22, 2007

Totally New Concept!

"Getting your money's worth."

I pay $78/month for a gym membership.

Until this past Monday, I hadn't gone in six weeks. And another six weeks before that incident.

I've gone every night, Monday through Thursday. I'm going again tonight, and hopefully tomorrow night.

Each session lasts about two or three hours. First, an hour on the elliptical machine. Then a 15 minute break to stretch out the crick in my neck that develops every damn time. Then various weight lifting, with small breaks in between. I wrap it up with 10-30 minutes of deep stretching.

No more being a fat-ass for me, thanks.

3 comments:

Matt Algren said...

That's okay, Jeff. I'm fat ass enough for both of us.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I wish I had the energy and desire to exercise at all! If I could get rid of my aches and pains, I'd start yoga again! I'm very proud of you, Jeff.

Patreesha said...

Jeff -- if you sign up for the NYC municipal gym (they have like 12 different locations, lots of equipment, and I think many of them have pools, too), it's only $75 a YEAR!!!!!!!!

There's locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and I'm assuming Queens, too, if I'm not mistaken. Could save you a load of dough.

... Now if only I could bring myself to sign up... :)