Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Laid off.

Not quite the way I wanted to get laid, but I suppose it will do.

Some of you know that I've seen this coming down the road a while. Production has moved to Jersey, and I ain't commuting that far.

I'll get my resume in order this week, and work on a portfolio.

I have enough money to last until the end of the year (decent severance package). I've been encouraged to see what's up with the company in January, as they might need me by then.

I'd prefer to have another, better paying job by then.

3 comments:

Ali said...

If you need to get away for awhile your welcome to come over to WA anytime. ~Thom's wifey

KHM said...

This could be a very good thing for you. Change forced upon you allows you to chart the direction...I can't wait to see what comes of this!

Anonymous said...

I agree with kathy, Jeff. This might be a blessing in disguise (many events of this type often are). I'm glad they gave you a good enough severance package that you're not forced into taking the first job you can find ~ this will let you find the one that's absolutely right for you. And you will. If I knew you better (or at all), I'd invite you to come to Florida for a visit. My good wishes will have to suffice, I'm afraid. Be well and try to find some peace in this situation.