Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I Almost got the Lecture. Twice.

Dad asked his annual question of whether I was on speaking terms with my sister. Naturally, I said "no." Dad said "Jeeeeeff..."

I told him, "if you want me to come home again, you'll drop it."

And he did.

A day later, paternal grandma brought it up, much to my dismay. Her line is "sometimes all you have is family."

Considering my family, who the fuck wants that?

Now, because I'm not a total heartless bastard, and I don't want to make my grandmother cry, I did not deliver my ultimatum.

While I know she's not going to be around much longer, and that one of her wishes will be to see us together all happy, I simply can't honor it.

It's been nearly six years since the rotten bitch pulled the rug of life out from beneath my feet, and the thought of apologizing hasn't crossed her empty mind.

And I will be damned if I suggest that she should apologize. If she can't figure it out, then to hell with her.

No comments: