Friday, May 26, 2006

The Battle Against Insomnia

Right after I got back from my trip upstate, I bought a new bed. A queen-size Tempurpedic. You know those commercials where the woman jumps up and down on the bed, and the full wine glass doesn't spill? Yeah, one of those beauties.

I was sorely disappointed that the woman didn't come with the bed.

Anyway, it is a wonderfully comfortable bed. It's easily the best thing I've ever bought.

It had better be, I'll be paying for it for the next three years.

I've noticed that it doesn't take me hours to fall asleep anymore.

An added bonus is when I spend three hours a night at the gym. I pretty much wear myself out to exhaustion, clean up, and lie down. I'm out within ten minutes.

Since I have to get up in the morning, I don't get quite enough sleep. But the sleep I do get feels deeper and more restful than before.

I also have the bed up on lifts so I can store half of my mountainous comic collection beneath it.

Yay, I can actually READ my old comics now!

The only problem I have with this bed is that it's SO comfortable, I never want to get out of it.

2 comments:

Lena said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I want a loft bed (or bunkbed). So long as I have to climb a little ladder to get to it, I don't care which one it is.

Jeff said...

It's a pity you couldn't have stayed out with us. We (eventually) went to Shauns' place in Chelsea, where he has a loft bed.