Monday, February 12, 2007

At the drop of a hat.

My baseline mood as of late has been numbness. It's that kind of limbo where you don't want to feel anything, because the highs are so infrequent that you don't remember the last one, and because the lows are constant and overwhelming.

There have been a few times this past week where something hits me with the force of a wrecking ball. The pain swells up and I can't help but cry. A song, a painting, a show, etc., will trigger something deep inside and I just lose it.

To combat this a little bit, I went up to Port Chester and paid Chris a visit on Sunday. Hanging out with Yanellie & the boys was a nice change of pace. Victor calling me "da-da" was pretty funny, considering he looks a little like me (blond/reddish hair, blue eyes) and both of his parents have darker features. This is why I call him Mini-Me. But then, he calls his own mother "da-da," so the humor is lessened. Despite the screaming & whining & pooping, it's nice being Uncle Jeff. Getting some homemade pizza a la Yanellie was damn good, too. Fresh mozzarella, basil, & li'l tomatoes. Mmmmmmmmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

having a pizza named after me feels pretty good.....lol.....it was nice having you over ;) the kids really enjoyed seeing uncle batman :)