Monday, February 26, 2007

Edgy

I've been on edge all day. I've snapped at a few people.

Bowie came over on Saturday, and we wasted a good amount of time. I forced him to finally read my slowly-expanding script - if you have a link to it, check it out. It's been updated. Later on, we took off. He headed home, and I went to meet Francis at about 9 PM. He and some other upstate nerds came down for the comic con. We talked for a few minutes, and then I left for Rocketship. The crowd was just too much for me at this point, so I called Ed Cunard & asked him to bring a few people outside. I owed Mordechai some prints for his daughter's birthday two months ago, and finally got a chance to deliver them; he lives in Teaneck, NJ, and had come out to the party. I was there for maybe 20 minutes and started to feel tense, so I left. I'm glad I came out, though; I miss my friends/CBR nerds.

I headed ten blocks over and visited my former landlady Jan & her cats. I was just there last weekend, but I really needed to use the bathroom. I stayed for a little over an hour.

I left at midnight and got home around 1:30 AM.

Sunday was grocery & laundry day. I got caught up with my parents. Dad's knee isn't doing too well. The cold, and the many feet of snow aren't helping. I realized that I still haven't done my taxes. I know I'll owe state (always do), but don't know about federal. It should be fine, though. I got a surprise $800 back last year, after I thought I owed $200.

I might go to the gym tonight, depending on how I feel. I need to get back there. This weight gain is really bad.

2 comments:

Lyman said...

Thanks for all of the kind words about my son.

And I'll be back in NYC in April/May, so get over this anti-social stuff already!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got out for a bit and met up with some friends. . . it sounds like you have a decent support system. . . you just need to make use of them. But then, you sound like me. . .I NEVER ask for help, but I'm all the time giving it to other people. Still, just because I don't do it, doesn't mean you shouldn't. Your friends are there for you, Jeff.

My prayers are with you. . . I can't help but wish I knew you. . . you seem like such a nice guy.