Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Dates 4 & 5

On Sunday, the TBVPP and I agreed to see Pirates of the Caribbean 3 at Union Square. I was outside looking towards the park, figuring that's where she'd approach from. But instead, she sneaked up behind me, and put her hands over my eyes.

That's not really a good idea. If she hadn't immediately said, "guess who?", that would have ended very badly. I turned around, kissed her and said, "uh...don't do that again."

She was a little late, so we ran up to the theater and got second-row seats (which wasn't as bad as the time Bowie & I got front row seats for LOTR 1). She gave me a quick recap of the first two movies, which I haven't seen.

I, ah...don't give a fuck about pirates.

The movie was fun, and longer than it felt. I almost feel inclined to check out the others now.

It was 10, and we were hungry. Zen Palate had stopped seating customers, so as it began to lightly rain, we speed walked to Vegetarian Paradise 2 on W 4th Street. On the way, we commiserated about work, and I swore a lot. I apologized for it at one point, and she told me to not worry about it.

I said, "you're right; we made cum jokes at dinner on our first date. I should loosen up a little."

She laughed.

It turns out that she went to the same college as The Very Nice Girl, also a vegetarian. I asked, "hey, do you know TVNG?"

"The name sounds familiar...is she really tall?"

"Ha! Yes, that's her. I met her through my Internerd friends."

We got to the restaurant ten minutes before they stopped seating, and ordered the same thing out of expediency. We talked a bit more about school, work, roommates, and neighbors.

She had a busy weekend at that point; a bunch of friends were in town from Friday night, and had left a couple of hours before we met up. And the place was about to close down, so I walked her to her train. On the way, we made plans to meet up again the next day (Monday, Memorial Day).

You're free to guess what we did before parting. I realized, "well, all my parts are working..." We held hands and caught our breaths. I said, "we need to do that before the end of the date," and she laughed at that, too.

I walked to my train with a big grin on my face.

I spend most of Monday being lazy. Internerd discourse with bits of kitchen cleaning sprinkled in for good measure. I called her around 3 PM to see what she was up to. I suggested a stroll through Central Park, but she had a better idea.

"I was thinking of cooking up some vegetarian lasagna. Would you like to come over & help me make it?"

This was a no-brainer.

She had a few more errands to run, and would give me a call when I should head over. There's a bus that runs from LaGuardia Airport to her neighborhood (Harlem), and it makes a stop not too far from my house.

In the mean time, I was blowing up demons in Doom 3. I got the call, and headed out a little after 6. I got there at 7, and she met me outside.

Kissing greetings are awesome.

We got inside, looked at the recipe, and got to work. Even though she was chopping the onions, I was terribly affected by it. My eyes were stinging, but not watering. I tried flushing them out, but I just had to work through it. We got all the mixing & boiling done, put it all together & popped it into the oven. Her only "reality TV" addiction is VH1's Flavor of Love, starring the one & only Flava Flav of Public Enemy. She sat down, and I did a little cleaning up in the kitchen. When I finished up, we watched the marathon with astonishment as otherwise gorgeous women fought over the over sized-clock wearing freak. At this point, I remembered that I packed the Bitter Films DVD (animation by Don Hertzfeldt, like the Rejected Cartoons).

The show wrapped up just as the lasagna finished baking. We sat down to eat and watched some seriously fucked up cartoons. We finished up, and she had to go to bed soon (she works "normal" hours). I took care of the rest of the dishes, and she walked me to the bus stop. I held her very close as we kissed. We slowly parted, her hands going from my neck down to my stomach. I held one of them in mine and pulled her close again, but just for a hug this time.

It felt so damn good.

She left, and a bus quickly arrived. I got home at midnight.

Today (Tuesday) I got a response from the Jazz-Loving Sculptor, saying "so I am horrible at email...significantly better on the phone...here is my number. ***-***-****. We can chat and go from there."

I wrote back saying that since I work nights, I'll call on the weekend, if that's alright with her.

Right back to being a slut.

Sort of.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're on a roll, Jeff! Attaboy!

Lena said...

That's hilarious; who doesn't know The Very Nice Girl?

It's such a small world.